Tuesday 13 June 2017

BLUE BLOOMS

Hello.
Don't you love challenges that make you think?
This month's Seven Hills Crafts theme certainly did that,
they would like you to - die cut a die cut!

I'm not sure if this is exactly what they had in mind,
but this is what I came up with.


I stamped my blooms I wanted in blue, and die-cut them.
Then, I took my scalloped edge rectangle and stamped it with leaves.
Into the rectangle I die cut the large central bloom, and inlaid one of the blue die-cuts.
I then die-cut the smaller bloom, overlapping my die onto the already inserted blue bloom. Thus, die cutting a die cut!

The result is that some blooms overlap and look as though they are raised, but actually they are all inserted into the rectangle.

It's not easy to explain, but I'm sure you get the general idea :-)


For the finishing touch I added a little, white pen to the blooms, a central piece (popped up) or a sequin - and then a popped up sentiment.




WPlus9 Feathers and Florals
My Favorite Things, Stitched Scalloped Rectangle
VersaColor, Cyan / Celadon / Bisque
Sentiment - Mama Elephant, Labeled Messages



1 comment:

Jenny said...

Wow Caroline the dimension effect looks amazing on your card and yet its so cleverly inlaid... brilliant!! Just perfect for the challenge :)
Thanks for playing along with us again this month at Seven Hills Crafts :)
Jenny x